TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is understood that by completing your registration, you accept the following terms and conditions.
The Application Process:
All applications begin with an online form, completed by the parent/guardian. This does not secure a place on our books but allows us to start processing your application. All children and their parents must attend the Registration Day to complete the application process.
Those who do not attend will be removed from all files and their details disposed of in line with our Disposal Policy.
Applications will be considered complete only when we have all the following information:
- Completed Registration Form
- Signed Agreement
- Full Length Photo
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that we have all requested documentation in order to process the applications. It is also the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure all information is correct and up-to-date.
Renewal of photographs will be charged at a reduced rate of £10 and are available at Registration Days.
We offer 2 options when using this service:
- Book a Morning Slot (1000-1255). All slots will be allocated by the agency and you shall be informed in the week prior to the Registration Day. You will be required to arrive 30minutes before your allocated time slot. Sessions will not be held and any latecomers will forfeit their slot and will need to wait for the next available time.
- The afternoon sessions (1300-1600) are run on a first come, first served basis. Please arrive after 1200 to collect a ticket and wait in line.
All copyrights will remain with Briz Kidz Casting.
Due to the nature of castings, it is essential that all information we hold is up to date. Therefore you must inform the agency of any changes. This includes address, contact details, appearance changes (hair cut, braces removed etc.) or change of school. A reminder will be sent out every six months for you to complete the online form.
Those who have not updated their profiles risk not being put forward for casting opportunities and will limit the roles they are suited for.
Those who do not update their profiles at least every 12 months shall be removed from the books in line with our Data Retention and Disposal Policy.
- You will not discuss the casting, audition or work offers among friends, peers or colleagues at any time.
- You will not reveal any confidential information and will not discuss anything you hear, see or learn whilst working with the production.
- You must not share or post on any social media sites.
- You must not take photos whilst on set.
- You will act in a professional manner at all times whilst representing Briz Kidz Casting.
Should you or your parent/guardian not adhere to any of the above, you will be subject to dismissal and removal from the agency books with immediate affect.
In the first instance, Briz Kidz Casting will send your profile for any casting opportunities that you are suitable for (i.e. fitting the brief, live within the desired location range or match specific measurements). If, after this stage, you are short listed, we will contact you with casting information, however you are under no obligation to accept any work or audition offers.
Productions retain the right to cancel or amend a booking as per the needs of their schedule. Should this happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and alternative dates may or may not be offered.
Child Performance Licence:
The licence application process can take up to 21 days so it is essential we get everything in place quickly. This includes the following:
- Photos of the child
- School’s permission of absence letter
- Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
- Application (parts 1 and 2)
We will ask the Parent/Guardian to complete the Part 2 of the Licence Application and also apply to the school for permission of absence. We do need written approval from the school and without this, the performance license will not be processed.
All roles offered are paid, however there is no set fee for children. The Agency will negotiate with the productions on your behalf and inform you of the rate on offering the role. This will be confirmed in writing once the role is confirmed and the licence issued.
All work offered through Briz Kidz Casting, is subject to agency commission of 20%. This includes, but is not limited to, performance fees, usage fees, buyouts, royalties and residuals.
Additional fees that cover out of ‘pocket expenses’ (per diems, travel/fuel etc.) are not subject to agency commission.
The agency reserves the right to change the fees policy at any time. Any changes to the fees policy will be communicated in advance of implementation.
Briz Kidz Casting cannot accept responsibility for payments and will only pass on fees that have been paid. Whilst we will use best endeavors to retrieve any monies owing and chase payments from productions, we are not liable for any fees owed to you.
Children are not subject to NI or tax.
All work that falls within this period or within the twelve months beyond this date will be subject to agency commission.
The agency reserves the right to remove you from the books at anytime.
Chaperones and Tutors:
By registering with Briz Kidz Casting, Chaperones also agree to these additional terms and conditions:
- To keep up-to-date with all guidelines, training and legislations related to working with children
- To safeguard the welfare of all children in their care at all times.
- Briz Kidz Casting is not responsible for Chaperone Licensing, training or informing chaperones of any changes in legislations or working practices.
- To ensure that Briz Kidz have your correct, up-to-date contact details
- Chaperones and Tutors are responsible for their own Tax and National Insurance.
- Briz Kidz Casting will not take commission, membership or administration fees. We add an Agency Fee on top of the daily rate, which is paid by the production.
- Invoices are to be made to Briz Kidz Casting Ltd and not the production.
- Briz Kidz will use best endeavors to retrieve any monies owing and chase payments from productions. However, we are not liable for any fees owed to you.
- Registering with Briz Kidz Casting does not guarantee work.
- Briz Kidz Casting will not take responsibility for the actions of any its Chaperones or Tutors.
Chaperones must adhere to all confidentiality rules at all time. This includes:
- NOT disclosing any confidential information with anyone outside the production.
- NOT discussing anything you hear, see or learn whilst working with the production.
- NOT sharing or posting on any social media sites.
- Chaperone Licence
- NSPCC Protecting Children in Entertainment Certificate (online Course)
- Signed Copy of BBC’s Guidance For Chaperones.
- Up-to-date CV
These Terms and conditions are reviewed and updated regularly and are correct as of January 2019.